Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Productive Mornings

It feels odd that I'm going to be a bit self-congratulatory, but I do think the tasks I've accomplished this morning needs mentioning. I can see how daily tasks (talking on the phone, corresponding through emails, setting up dates) isn't a great heap to be nervous or worried about with anyone who isn't shy or have any anxieties (socially). But, I'm not like your normal Joe. I'm pretty much worn out by the time I complete these tasks. I still get nervous and I still have my anxieties.

However, as long as I have done the prep work, allow room for spontaneity, and try to follow plans... I'm usually okay.

This morning I finally took care of business with a few things. I received an email from my car insurance claim handler and shortly followed by a call. I normally don't answer phone calls and I allow the calls to go straight to voicemail, but I picked up. I made small talk and dealt with the situation. I had to call and activate my credit card. I'm not new to this, but I'm never comfortable enough to just call without hesitation. Shortly after, I had to call my mobile carrier. I received a letter about something dealing with them enrolling me in a plan automatically, which I didn't want. They informed me more about it and they made a note and explained that I wouldn't be enrolled unless I did something. I got that taken care of.

After that, I was corresponding via email with a Director of Sales at a Hotel in San Francisco. I had to make sure that the offered quotes I received were still being offered and how I could book the reservations. I received an email awhile ago with good news. I just need to call the person now and book the reservations over phone.

I've also been corresponding with my friend (and coworker) about meeting up for lunch. We made a lunch date. Now here's where you need to leave yourself room for "spontaneity". Another former coworker (who's working in the same office as my friend) invited herself to the lunch. Oh well, what can you do. It's no biggie, but I know I can't really talk loosely and comfortably as I would normally with my friend.

I plan to do some shopping after lunch, because I need comfortable and appropriate clothes for this weekend. I have a bachelors party weekend. It's in Las Vegas, it's during Memorial Day Weekend, and.... Well, it's going to be packed.

Those are my triumphs this morning and I'm trying to make the most out of this productive morning.

2 comments:

  1. I really think that affording oneself the acknowledgement of achievements is always a positive aspect of self-care. So, good for you for the feelings of productivity and getting through the paces that some might not even have a thought about.

    I came across your blog via another and have to say that I really appreciate the courage you have in exploring the aspects of anxiety that you do. I have found much of what you say to resonate for what I too am trying to maneuver through. Thank you for being so willing to share, offer your insights and simply be.

    May you find that which is to come for you to be manageable and with ease.

    Be well.

    Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete