Thursday, February 2, 2012

Work, A Girl, and Snowboarding

I knocked out last night shortly after pigging out on some food. I just remember waking up 40 minutes ago on the couch with my dog curled up in my arms. Yesterday was one of those mind-draining days where it, unfortunately, leaves me un-enthusiastic to come into work. My coworker's over-enthusiasm about certain things comes off really fake to me and makes me exert energy to try to even keep up.

It's annoying and I don't know how long I can last and be myself at the same time. I'm expected to propose a few things with our new UX Director on what I want to do at work, what I expect, what our team can provide and lead with. It's just ultimately draining when I can't do simple things, because my energy is being wasted by my coworkers draining it away.

On another note, my previous entry involving a "girl" has came to an end. Out of that experience, the main thing I'm a little upset about (and it's still lingering) is the fact that I let myself get caught up in that situation. Knowing the circumstances, knowing her situation, and assuming it would lead us both to no where... I still allowed myself to get caught up in the situation. People do it all the time and this time I experienced it. I think the fact that someone showed interest in me and that I had a mutual interest in this person excited me. Even with the drama it could of attached, I was definitely intrigued by her. However, I should of known from our "txtings" that got boring and our phone conversations that stalled... that there really wasn't any chemistry.

She suggested that if I'm in town that we should hangout. Last week, I was actually in town, and I made an attempt to make plans. Whether she believed that I was in town or not, or maybe she started dating someone else prior to me arriving, or maybe her current "drama" was the reason... I didn't want to be that guy who played the "chase" part. After txting her twice just asking her what's up and being met with no response, I clipped the situation. I never txted her back and I never received a response as well. So maybe it doesn't sit with me well, because it feels like she got the last word in, but oh well. Why am I even allowing myself to feel this way and over something like this?

I haven't snowboarded in over a year and I thought I would take this opportunity that just came up. I'm heading to Mammoth this weekend and will get two days worth of snowboarding. Mother Nature, Sunshine, and decent snow. I really need this. Being in tune with myself helps me resolve any issues I have with myself :)

2 comments:

  1. Why am I even allowing myself to feel this way and over something like this? Agreed! You and your life are too precious to feel unhappy about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I believe you just saved yourself a lot of pain and heartache down the road.

    ReplyDelete