Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Productive Midday

In continuation of this morning's personal productivity, I made my way out to the lunch date I had. I visited my old (work related) stomping grounds, which is in a busy shopping, lunch, and corporate area. It's not LA shopping, but Orange County at it's finest. It was nice. We ate outside and I talked and caught up with my friend. The other coworker/friend showed up later and it is nice (especially when you have your mind in the right place).

One thing I did notice... I still have a control issue with sweating (right now it's with the under arm). I forgot to apply this over the counter anti-perspirant last night, but I was okay. I realize that the sweating didn't occur with the heavy panic attacks. I only noticed the feeling, but I wasn't self-conscious about it. One of the things I did was wear a dark colored shirt as well (as a safety precaution).

I think it's important that when you're on a roll, that you continue to keep going if you have other things to accomplish. I proceeded to shop by myself. It wasn't a terrifying experience. I will admit that I have a sense of fashion, even if it's probably turn a bit more conservative over the years. I bought clothing that's a little more loose (rather than fitted) and darker color. Yes, it's a result to my underarm problem. Just something to reassure and calm my mind.

I accomplished that and shortly after I got home, I tried calling my contact person for the Hotel Booking. I got her answering machine, but I will try again.

So... a big lesson or insight or some sort of reminder to myself is that... You got to keep on pushing yourself if you are on a productive mood. Once you procrastinate, you leave sooooo much room for doubt. That's why I try to be pro-active as I can and if I can't.... I try to stay as grounded as I can.

2 comments:

  1. yay! congratulations on your victories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I haven't commented for a while. But it sounds like all is well. Congrats on the lunch date. I, too, go through the same sweat issues--mostly on my right armpit too--as you know. I hardly wear anything other than dark blue, brown, black. Well, I hope the rest of your week goes well.

    - Mike

    ReplyDelete