Thursday, May 26, 2011

Confused, but Funny

Today has been another continuation of yesterday, but I feel a bit more sluggish. I had lunch plans with another coworker and I drove 30 miles into another city to have lunch. The restaurant we met up at was crowded, but it wasn't a problem for me. We followed up the lunch with a stroll to the frozen yogurt place. My friend was filling me in on the current work situation at my old job. After that, I headed to target to buy travel size "stuff" for my Memorial Day Weekend.

I get home and I wanted to get my hotel reservations squared away with (the same thing I mentioned yesterday). I got an answering machine and decided to call again later. I got off the phone with my contact person about 10 minutes ago. I'm not sure what to think. I got a hold of my contact person and she was expecting my call. She then "congratulated" me. I wasn't sure why, but I thanked her anyway. She got my information, 1 room, double occupancy, arrival date, departure date, and credit card number. I thanked her for her help and she "congratulated" me again. It dawned on me that she thought I was the one getting married. I didn't know what to say so I let it be. It wasn't until I received the confirmation email (from the hotel) for my room, rate of charge, and what days I'll be there. I took it upon myself to email the contact person and to set things straight. I thanked her again. I told her that I was confused and that I wasn't getting married, but I thanked her for her help. It's funny to me, but awkward, because I wasn't sure what to say or if I should even correct her.

So I got that squared away with. I'm still somewhat addicted to coffee and it doesn't help my "sweating" problem. I still sweat when I talk (whether it's on the phone, on skype, on video, or in person).

Here's to a lovely (I hope), and what seems to be a warm/hot weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. It's been a while. I just wanted to say "hi" and I hope your weekend goes well.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete