Sunday, March 6, 2011

Long Rant

I wish I could have my weekend back. This past week has been a week of adjustments, readjustments, and not getting readjusted. At the moment, I'm very irritated, frustrated, and annoyed. I would love to scream out loud right now. I'm craving cigarettes right now. I use to be a smoker and the immediate satisfaction of smoking helps kill your frustrations (but it's only short lived). It's kind of like drinking a nice cold beer after a long day of work.

Then again, I can't stand cigarette smoke anymore and I don't like drinking alcohol unless it's during a night out. I needed a break from the project I've been working on. I know it's not "work" that's frustrating me. It's working on a particular project that is bothering me. I've been working on it ever since I woke up this morning. I've made progress on it, but I'm going in circles and muttering curse words under my breath. I'm not getting anywhere fast. I know it's more beneficial to take a break. Possibly relax, take a few deep breath's and maybe write out my annoyances.

Last week, I was back home (my parent's house) and stationed myself there for a week and a half. When I first got there, I was surprised. I was on schedule with whatever it was that I was trying to accomplish. My focus was sharp and I wasn't detered from my path. I had to deal with the "problem project" that I'm dealing with now, however I skipped over it when I couldn't get anywhere with it. I was able to make progress with the other projects on my agenda.

Another thing I was feeling great about, was that I was able to stick to a healthy diet. I was able to limit my sugar intake along with a balanced proportion of Protein, Carbs, and Fats. In previous weeks, I was able to lose an average of 1 pound (of fat) a week. When I got home, I kept at it and I was also working out my frustrations while at Home. I was doing high intensity interval training workouts with a jump rope. I would normally wake up at 8 or 9 a.m. I'd have my morning coffee, eggs, and turkey bacon. I would start working away. Then I would take a break at around 12 and do my rope jumping routine for 20 minutes. I was burning 260 calories and it also kept me alert and my metabolism going. Later on in the day, before dinner, I would follow up with a 45 minute cardio workout. After a good week of repeating that routine, I weighed in last weekend and lost 5 lbs. Here's the discrepancy: I weighed in on an analog scale. I weighed in after two heavy workouts (20 minutes of rope jumping, 60 minutes of jogging). I weighed in with only coffee, muscle milk, and a peanut butter sandwich as my only source of food. My measurement's were smaller (my waist, hips, chest) and I felt good. Later on that day was my Grandpa's Birthday. I thought that it would be my "cheat" day and I over indulged on the food (rice, beef & broccoli, beef & mushrooms) and sweets (macaroons, cake, cupcakes, sweet sticky rice, fried banana rolls). I think indulging in the foods were okay, but I went a bit overboard and it continued into the weekend and weekday. This past week, I've been trying to readjust and cut down my sugar intake (cutting out sweets), but I haven't really been giving it an honest effort. I also haven't been working out consistently. I had a long run on Saturday and I weighed in after. I assumed I would have gained the weight I lost the other weekend and I was correct. I do feel bummed about it, but I understand why I gained the weight back. However, my measurements (waist, chest, hips) have gone down. I would like to think I've lost fat and gained more muscle, but who knows. There are times when I'm not into my "fitness" but I need to get back on my "A" game, because it annoys me if I'm not.

With my form of addiction to sweets, I'm somewhat going on a binge. I know the consequences, but I'm trying to clean it up. I shall have a better week ahead.

I think I've vented and relaxed a bit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment