Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting My Cold-Sinus-Allergies in Check

Today is the 5th day of battling this Cold/Allergy Sinus Congestion. I don't know why, but I really am confused or unsure if I have a cold or if it's just allergies. Or maybe it's both.

Last week, I was out the entire day spending it with Family at Disneyland. My cousin's kid was getting over an ear infection. It's possible I might have caught the cold from his kid. I was also out in the sun the entire day in a place where there are a lot of people. It was nice and sunny during the day, then it got cold at night. My diet wasn't the healthiest and I was already burnt out during the middle of the day.

It wasn't until Monday night that I had symptoms of a cold. When I went to sleep on Monday night, my throat felt a tad bit weird. It wasn't scratchy or dry, but it felt "weird". The following day, that symptom was more pronounced and the days after I started to have stuffy and runny nose. Chest congestion, phlegm build up, etc. However, I'm not exhibiting thick green phlegm which leads me to believe I don't have any type of bronchitis or chest/cold infection. The weather has changed again and the air has been a bit dry, which makes me feel this is now allergy related.

However, I've been trying to get a lot of rests and the workouts/runs I've squeezed in might have prolonged my recovery. What can I say though, I really need to burn off the calories that I ate last week.

Last night I had Tofu Soup from a Korean Tofu House Restaurant. It helped. Hot & Spicy soup helps my sinus. Tonight, I wanted to be healthy and try to be well rested for tomorrow (I have a SA&Shyness Group Meet Up). I was going to buy Chicken Noodle Soup (Not the canned soup that has tons of sodium), but I really wanted a spicy & sour soup. I went the cheap and unhealthy route and got one of those spicy ramen bowls that have an extremely insane amount of sodium. I bought fresh green onion to add, Orange Juice, and I'm ready to call it a night.

When I was scanning my items at the self-checkout stand (at the Grocery Market), I made the mistake of going to the same machine that always stalls on me. As I was scanning my 5th Item, the machine tells me it can't recognize the following item. A staff member comes by and fixes the machine and I proceed to scan all my items. It got a little intense (5 out of 10) and I felt a little panic. It didn't help that I'm feeling this head/cold/sinus congestion, but I was able to calm my thoughts down and to feel okay with the mishap. I did start feeling warm, but I was able to simmer down. I didn't break out in sweat and I felt confident upon leaving the market. I just wish my cold/allergies weren't as bad, then maybe I'd be able to enjoy this victory a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. I too get cold allergies due to this winter season. I used netipot for the first time in my life and it works.

    ReplyDelete