Monday, December 6, 2010

5 Minute Freewriting #11

I'm doing this freewriting before I settle into bed tonight. I'm actually settling a litter early. A more modest time.. It's 1:30 am, but that doesn't' compare with sleeping at 4 or 5 am for the past couple of days.

I have a few positive things to mention or take note of. This weekend, I got myself to run. Not just run, as in forcing myself and getting it over with. I actually had an enjoyable run. I took it really easy and just tried to enjoy the view. It's weird how I have no pressure on myself when I run on the weekend during the day as compared to running during the week. Usually I shy away from running in the week during daytime, just because I'd be prone to run into people who are working or I'll run into high school cross country teams (which I have). I usually run at night during the week, but running at night has been a task. It gets dark early and it's been colder than usual.

I got myself to run this weekend though. I felt good. Maybe it was the cup of coffee I drank. I know I said I'd cut out coffee, but I enjoyed the caffeine kick. I didn't eat the whole day on Saturday. I think I was amped on the caffeine, because I just felt my body boosted and my metabolism burning. I drove over the the local grocery market and bought some items. I was looking forward to this weekend, because I was planning on baking. :) I love sweets, and especially when I take the time to bake something good... It comes out great. I got al the ingredients, put on my headphones and some good tunes and I started mixing away.

I made the  sweetest batch of Chewy Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Oatmeal Cookies. At first, when I found the recipe, I was thinking it was healthy (because of the oatmeal) and that the calories on it weren't bad. After baking all the dough....

**end**

(continued)
... and letting the cookies cool down, I went shopping with my sister. We went to Wal*Mart, because I told her I needed help with picking out cheap and cool room decor. I wanted a curtain, because my vertical blinds made me feel naked when I have them open. I wanted new comforter and bed skirts for my bed, so I got that as well. I got a good price, but it still put a hurting on my credit card. I don't feel too bad, because I actually treated myself to something worth while.

Back to the cookies.... I analyzed the modified recipe I made. Even with the sugar substitution and using less chocolate chips then listed, it comes out to be 136 calories per cookie. I probably ate 30 cookies this weekend and I could probably eat all 42. I'm looking at crazy amount of calories, but it is ok. I'm going to be good this week and follow through with my running and eating healthy :)

I rearranged my room today and it took all night to get things cleaned up. I still have a lot to throw out and organize, but I got the large objects (bed and desk) situated and rearranged. Okay, enough freewriting tonight... I feel good.

1 comment: