Friday, November 26, 2010

5 Minute Freewriting #5

I haven't been able to write or participate in this exercise for a while. I finally got an internet connection going here... I'm back home at my parents house. I have the t.v. on playing, a college football game, and in the other room, a television Filipino Network, is going on while my dad is in the kitchen. I have a lot of distractions happening while I type this, but I'm trying to stay focused on anything that seems to be relevant.

I overate and still continue to overeat during this Thanksgiving Day week. I did okay initially. I ran a lot of miles yesterday, but also ate tons of food. Today I ate tons of food. I'm talking about "feeling fuuuuuullllllll" type of eating. However, I'm okay with it. I'm not letting it frustrate or annoy me. I don't know if it's because I'm allowing distractions to takeover or, because I allowed myself to be "okay" knowing it is (or was) Thanksgiving Day. I know it will be hard to get back into "workout" mode, but I'll have my attempts tomorrow. I want to do more writing tonight, but I'll see how it goes. I actually tried going deep into old "thoughts" and seeing if I could get in touch with the old feelings I use to have. It was an interesting experience. I couldn't sleep so I tried reliving memories I had throughout my younger years from High School and College. It was interesting and that also leads me to thinking about the Winter Holidays. I haven't been a big fan of the Holidays for a long time now. Not to mention, they use to be very depressing for me. Very dark, just because I spent a lot of holidays being "broken hearted" and it's weird for me to reveal this. Last time I wrote so freely was in an actual journal. Even though I publish this to a public blog site... I have anonymity and I feel okay...

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I think it's great how you do your writing. Just writing what's on your mind for five minutes can be very therapeutic. I should try to do that more often, to just let myself go and write. As for Thanksgiving, I also overate, and I overate yesterday too. I also ran quite a bit on Thanksgiving an earlier today. No matter how far I run, I don't think I can keep up with the amount I eat though.

    - Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. @UnhappyHappiness (Mike)
    Thanks for the comment. Thanksgiving, Post-Thanksgiving, Post-Post-Thanksgiving has been spent... OVEREATING. I was okay with it on Thanksgiving. I tried to get myself back into okay shape afterwards. Today I tried eating more healthy, eating salads and soup to help with getting me back to normal. However, I've been snacking on sweets and pastries late at night.

    I have good month's where working out is fun, but then I have bad month's where working out only feels like a chore and only does minimal maintenance with all the food I eat.

    Thanks for relating. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete