Friday, December 17, 2010

5 Minute Freewriting #19

I feel stupid. I kind of am. Well maybe just not well informed.

Today is my initial appointment with a Psychologist. I was excited and nervous for the past two days. Now, I'm just nervous and I feel stupid. I'm thinking about other things. I'm thinking of "How am I going to pay for this?" and that's if I decide to schedule more appointments with the Doctor.

I'm bad with Insurance Policies, I really didn't look into mine or understand the terms until last night. I asked one of my friends (who is a nurse) specifics since she knows more about that kind of stuff. I called my insurance provider this morning to confirm. I have a deductible and out-of-pocket expense that must be met before receiving this $25 per office visit. That deductible and out-of-pocket expense can only bet accumulated through medical/hospital bills. Either way, I'll have to pay a lot. My monthly premium is low and that's why my deductible is high. But if I opted for a higher premium and zero deductible, I would be paying a lot of money, monthly, for health services I would hardly go to.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do after my appointment today....

No comments:

Post a Comment