Tuesday, December 14, 2010

5 Minute Freewriting #16

I was woken up this morning by a phone call. I actually slept through 2 alarms. I probably hit snooze. My phone rang at around 8:30 in the morning and I saw a not so familiar number. I let it go to voicemail. I heard the message and I knew what it was about.

It's a potential client needing a website built out. I finally got up and out of bed. I drank left over coffee that my sister and brother-in-law made earlier in the morning. It took me awhile to actually call back. I set a goal in mind of calling by a certain time and I kept pushing it back. I finally called and left a message...

***

I was actually interrupted while typing this out. The potential client called me back and I had a 15 minute conversation. I'm always "iffy" when I talk to clients. I never feel confident. I never feel like "I can do this... this is what I do.. .this is what time i'll need, this is my pricing... this is what we'll do"

I don't think there would be any problems, but I'm wondering why her initial designer walked out. I wonder if she's difficult to work with or not. But for now, I'm taking up this potential project. I have to email her with some of my previous work and what not and I'll give her an estimate of the project. I told her my going price rate but that I could work with a Project Base payment rather than hourly.

***

I'm spoiled by email and texting. I'm horrible at taking or writing things down. It's not that I'm not great with memory, but I get flooded with thoughts. The client gave me her email address over the phone. I was writing it down, but I was in some sort of daze. I was fixed on getting it written down, but not having to make the client repeat the email. It was interesting. Somehow I managed to write down a letter that was nowhere near what she said. Thankfully I repeated the email address and had her repeat it back.

***

Okay... I just feel relieved when I get past all the initial stuff. The anxiety leaves, but then reality hits and I could either be excited about working for a client or "dread" it. I'm not sure what I feel. It's still to early in the morning for me. Again, it's early for me because I usually wake up before noon. I need to change my sleeping habits.

I had a productive night, but it was for something useless. It was fun and creative. Not so much work or personal development. I made a mixtape.

No comments:

Post a Comment