Thursday, January 20, 2011

It Was Just a Dream...

This is one of those rare moments where I still remember or I can still recall a dream I had before waking up in the morning.

I have bits and pieces of the dream playing in my head, but it brought out a few insights about myself that I'm aware of.

From what I can recall, the dream was from my point of view and involved myself, a caucasian women (slightly sun tanned, short dark blond/brown hair and brown eyes). There was a third person involved as well, but there isn't a physical appearance or gender associated with this person.

It felt like the girl and I had a type of history with each other. Not a romantic relationship of any kind, but some sort of bond was there that implied we knew each other pretty well. It's hard to remember the location or place we were at, but I have glimpses of the beach and inside a stadium or some type of sports event-bleacher setting.

Prior to waking up this morning, the dream ended with this girl interrupting a conversation I was having with the third person. The girl is facing the other person explaining that I shouldn't be trusted or taken too seriously. As she is explaining this, she turns her face now looking at me and finishes it with a statement. I can't recall the exact words, but the sentiments imply that I couldn't be trusted or that I get too comfortable and act differently.

So, I woke up and I must have been lying on my left arm, because it fell asleep and had that tingly feeling. I had to ease into it until blood was circulating in my arm and I was functional. I laid in bed thinking about that dream, because I seriously don't have dreams that I can vividly recall. The feeling I got from the dream or the message I'm interpreting from the dream, reminds me of moments where I've gotten really close to people. I mean close, where we are able to share personal experiences and I'm often looked towards for comfort, a good ear, and a gentle but honest opinion. And during these times or moments, I have gotten too comfortable with the person where I might have joked or poked light-heartedly at a sensitive situation that I shouldn't have approach in such a demeanor.

That's the whole message and feeling I got from the dream upon waking up. It's pretty amazing that I can still recall the dream, well into the afternoon. I took a break from my work, laid on the couch with my dog and I was able to recall the dream.

Maybe I psychoanalyzed the sh*t out of the dream, but it's interesting. It's interesting that I recall or remember a dream. It's interesting that the person of interest in my dream is someone I don't know in real life. And, the underlying message seems to be something out from left field for me (but then again, maybe not, because everything is relative and everything is connected).

No comments:

Post a Comment