Monday, January 17, 2011

Axillary Hyperhidrosis

Axillary Hyperhidrosis is the excessive sweating in your underarm area. Some people are fortunate enough to go without the uncomfortable and embarrassing feelings. When you're shirt starts to feel soaked and your body feels flushed, it's hard to feel FRESH (even if the sweat is not apparent).

Axillary Hyperhidrosis wasn't anything I worried or had anxieties about, up until last year. It's very weird how my focus has shifted towards underarm sweating. As a result, it has caused me to be much more self-conscious towards that region resulting in more underarm sweating.

Before accepting this problem, I would have thought that I was average or maybe slightly above. Now that I look back at it, I notice that all my old work undershirts had yellow stains. This is due to the deodorant/antiperspirant you use getting on your clothes mixed with sweat. That's how I know I sweat, but I never really recognized it or felt great anxiety about it while at work. Even during times of meetings or presentation's, I never had feelings of "oh my gosh I can't raise my arms up because it's sweating." That didn't occur till recently (possibly 6 month's ago).

It's a bad cycle. I think the focus on my sweating (facial and underarm) caused more anxiety towards it. My diet (a lot of caffeine) did not help. There's a lot of factors you have to take into consideration. I really don't look to do any botox or surgery of any kind.

I was very reluctant at first to try any strong antiperspirants, because of the aluminum ingredients and articles linking the ingredient to cancer and Alzheimer's.

Knowing I'll be taking to client's more or taking up interviews (for jobs), and going out more to social situations... I decided to try out clinically proven products.

The main turning point for me is that my thoughts/focus is not on my sweating anymore. Yes, it still happens, but it's not as intense. Also, worrying about it when it's happening only makes it worse. I've learned how to take preparations and to not give it as much attention as I use to. When you're feeling confident, go with it. When you're having a bad day, dress accordingly.

It's all in how you view things. I've been able to realize more and more that my thought focus has shifted and my feelings and behaviors have followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment