Monday, November 21, 2011

Squeezing in Time for Freewriting


It's been a long time since I've sat down in a quiet space. Allowing myself to freely think and self-reflect. The month's just go by fast for me. My half-marathon training is over and I'm sad to say that I've stopped working out. It all hit me at once. After completing my marathon and dealing with leg camps and dehydration. I was swamped with work, working late night hours for a web release. With the amount of hours at work and the amount of hours at sleep, compounded by the stress and tension in the work environment... I was bound to get sick and I did. I caught the bug that was floating around the office. I'm better now, but I have this lingering cough and slight chest congestion. I haven't ran in two weeks now. I actually did run the other week, but one time out of the whole week doesn't really count. I've been eating out for lunch and the late hours at work keep for a very unstable and bad forming habit.

I want to change all that. I finally worked out this weekend.  No freelancing, no crazy weekend work hours. I grabbed too much sleep on Saturday and felt a bit out of place. I had this thought in my head how I always put a smile on my face and somehow feel like I pretend to be happy, when the truth is... especially that day... I felt like crap. I felt out of my zone. I felt out of my comfort zone and I didn't know what to do to get it back. I've been unhappy about any weight gain I might have accrued. I'm unhappy with just feeling unhealthy.

It took me awhile, but I did workout on Saturday. I focused on strength training. I slept great on Saturday. I woke up with just the right amount of sleep and I did nothing but watch football all day. I worked out again focusing on strength training (with my legs this time). Tomorrow I plan to wake up bright and early to go for a nice easy jog. It won't be easy, but I'll take it a slower pace. Hopefully it doesn't rain, because I know that wil deter me from running.

So that's where I'm at. I work Wednesday night for a special web release, so I'm not sure when I'll be taking off on Thanksgiving for my parents house. I'll probably miss Thanksgiving Lunch, but make it for Thanksgiving leftovers and have it for dinner. My best-friend will be in town. Hopeful I'll get to meet up with him and catch up on stuff.

The holidays are here. I never really enjoy them, but I'm fortunate to have a much more stable financial situation this year. I can feel good about spending and even give out ifts this year. I only give out gifts to those that are close to me.

Anyways.... that's where I'm at... physically, mentally, and... spiritually I guess.

Till next time.... Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment