Monday, June 27, 2011

Holy Sh*t!!!

So... My anxiety just spiked up sooooo high, minutes ago. I'm back home at my parent's house in a suburban area. Quiet place, nice neighbors, everything fine behind closed doors. It seems. I noticed we had a new neighbor move in a month ago.

I was in my room working and it's right by one of my neighbors house. I heard someone yelling at first, but wasn't sure if it was kids playing or not. All of a sudden, it got serious. I heard a woman screaming "Please Help Me!" and I went into freak mode. I was wondering if any of my other neighbors were around. I was terrified to step outside. I didn't want to sit and do nothing, so I grabbed the phone. I tried listening in some more to see what was going on. It seemed like a domestic violence situation. I called 911 and I explained to them what I heard and how startled I was. I think they already received calls, because they seem to know where I was located and asked if the house/neighbor was to the east or west of me. I told them it was right by me, towards the east. Within minutes a cop car came by. Then an ambulance and another cop car. I saw the neighbor across the street from me outside of his house with a phone. Then I finally stepped out to see which neighbor was in harm's way. It was the neighbor across the street to the right of me, the new neighbors that moved in.

I called up a friend to help calm my nerves down and he told me how he saw cop cars earlier in the morning near my place. Sooo... I think there was earlier problems and it somehow escalated towards today's event. I'm freaked out still, but wtf? I just hope I helped out as much as I could. I keep thinking, should I have gone outside to see what was going on? If there was a person out there, was I to act as a hero? All that ran into my head, but first thing I knew I had to do was call the authorities.

What a day. I still don't know how everything has turned out, but I hope everyone or anyone harmed is doing okay.

1 comment: