Monday, July 18, 2011

An Update - Getting Over that Hump

I've been busy over the past week and a half. I've been feeling much better. My thoughts haven't been in the dumps and my spirits feel higher. Having some sort of plan, routine, and structure greatly helped with my depressed state of mind. It was rough for me early in the month, but keeping at it (and whatever "it" is) helped me get going. Even during those days when I felt like doing nothing and that everything I did was wrong... I just kept at it and finally worked through it.

Also, limiting or staying away from all those sweets (cookies, wafers, ice cream, donuts, etc.) helped me feel better. Too much sugar spikes up my energy and leaves me with that immediate crash. I still drink coffee, but I try not to over do it. I've been able to get my mom to walk about a mile, 3 to 4 times a day. I've continued to fit-in 30 minutes of cardio during my lunch hours. I've been trying to wake up early in the mornings so that I could run 3 to 4 miles. Not so much luck, because I've only been able to do that 2 times out of 7.

At the moment, there seems to be a small lull in my workload and I wanted to take the opportunity to vent out my thoughts and past frustrations. I've learned from my past "depressed" state earlier this month and I've taken note from it. Writing has always helped in the process of getting out of a rut, get through a rough patch, staying ahead of things, and helping one personally develop.

So here's where I start my exploration...

1 comment: