Thursday, July 28, 2011

Morning Rant

I know I'm skipping over recent events, (Going to a Birthday Party, Heading back to LA, Feeling sad, feeling uncomfortable, etc.), but I have to start somewhere and I choose to start with Today and reflect on the previous at a later time.

I've been back at my apartment for 2 days now. When I arrived here, I felt really out of shape. I don't know how to explain it, but I did and I still do. I look in the mirror, my face looks rounder (then again, my confidence is low so I look rugged). I know I need to do something, so that way I'm not drowning in self-pity and piling more into this bad self-image. I woke up at 6 am yesterday. First time this week I've been able to do that and I went for a 3 mile walk. I'm not quite ready for a 3 mile run. I've been trying to gauge if I will do a half marathon again. I have about 3 month's to train. My mind isn't quite into, but I'd like to plan out some training schedule. Even if I don't run the half-marathon, It will at least get me back into shape and possibly get me to love running again. I also got myself to go jogging and walking later on in the night.

I woke up this morning at 6, but hit snooze and woke up at 8 am. I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. I have a headache. I'm tired and dehydrated, so I'll take an exception this time. I'll try to workout in the middle of the day and go for a run later tonight.

I'm starting to feel better, physically, as I'm eating cleaner. I've also been busy with projects and building a "farm". Yes, a farm. I use that term loosely. I hope I don't put anyone off by saying this, but I'm building a worm farm. I've been fascinated with Vermicomposting for the past year and a half. I've always wanted to do it. It's good for the environment, it helps reduce waste, it's recycling, and the end product is a rich nutrient for plants. I'll get into what "vermicomposting" is later, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Okay... end of morning rant. I'm glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment