Monday, January 31, 2011

5-Minute Freewriting #26

I woke up in the middle of the day again. I did better today waking up at 10 am rather than at noon. I feel a little beat up. I cut out drinking coffee at night, but staying up till 4 a.m. and trying to wake up makes me feel strung out (not that I know what strung out really feels like). I'm a bit bum. I've said that when it rains, it pours. That seems to be cast. I was overwhelmed with the amount of smaller projects I received. Now, it seems small things involving potential work or work itself is falling apart little by little. A client/friend and I had a long video conference yesterday. I was frustrated that no design was chosen still, yet they want something built out ASAP. Instead he will be building out a design himself, which is fine, but as a designer I'm a bit baffled. You want me to design and produce a website, but then the client opts for a iWeb theme from a Mac instead. Go figure, but that's how things usually work. I remember in the corporate world, the most talented designers would present this nice flash based website and it's capabilities. The higher ups would nod there head and be in awe, then the following week they would be in disagreement and seem to prefer a power point presentation as there new website rather than what was presented earlier.

*SIGH* I need to change things. I don't like how I'm feeling right now. I can feel it's a combination of what I'm eating and how I'm dealing with the stress...

No comments:

Post a Comment