Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quick Update

It seems I've started this blog to only abandon it. I've been keeping daily journals of my sleep habits, moods, exposures, and supplement intakes. I just haven't had time or inspiration to write an entry of substance.

I've also or have been trying to start a "runner's" blog. I'm training for a half-marathon that's in November, and I've also been doing this 16-Week Resistance & Interval Training that goes along with my 14-Week Marathon Training.

Last week I've been using an iPhone app to log in the foods I've been eating. I haven't been strict on calories. I was just curious to see the percentage of Fat, Carbs, and Protein I intake. Now that I've analyzed last week's percentages, I've been altering what I eat so that I can have more of a Protein rich diet this week.

After reading many "Forum" entries and unofficial research about Rhodiola Rosea, I placed an order for a bottle and started taking the supplements last Friday. It is said to help with your focus, mood, energy, and anxieties. It's suppose to be a subtle difference and not a big "jolt" as you would feel in caffeine. I did my research and made sure I got the appropriate kind. It's an adaptogen and it doesn't change anything in your body chemically. There is no side effects of addiction.

Do I feel any different? I can't really say. It's hard to say if my mood has changed because of the supplement, or because I continue to put in work on my SA. I still have anxieties, but I've always been able to manage them well. If anything, I was hoping it would help with concentration and focus so that it would help me organize my thoughts and with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Here's to a slow month (my current client's web project). It will get busy and hectic for me next week. Trying to enjoy the downtime as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment