Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jury Summons

I have to report for Jury Duty tomorrow at 7:45 a.m. Prior to getting my noticed, I paid no attention to it. I didn't want to worry or add on to any anticipatory anxiety. All was well till this weekend. Now that it's confirmed and I do have to show up tomorrow, I'm on edge. The good thing is that I have anxieties that prevents me from eating and has me with butterflies in my stomach. I'm not worried about sweating (at least not for now). There's a mandatory orientation that we're suppose to take and if we take it online, I would of been able to appear an hour or two later than my report time.

I just missed the cut off time and it's my fault for paying close attention to it earlier. I know I have this feeling of nervousness, but the other good thing is that I'll probably won't have to deal with a big group of people since I'll be one of the first ones there.

I passed by the courtroom earlier today to see where the location is at. I didn't pass by the parking structure, but I've googled it. I'm certain I know where to go now.  I plan to leave my place no later than 7 a.m. It will possibly take 20 minutes to get there, and an extra 5 or 10 minutes to figure out the parking situation. Another 5 or 10 minutes to walk across the street, walk into the building and get through security procedures and go up onto the 6th floor. I believe I'll be part of a group that takes an in-person orientation (since I didn't do it online). After that, I'll be waiting in the jury room waiting to see if my group is called.

I'm not going to lie. I really hope I don't get called up. I hope I'm excused, but if I get selected. Then I get selected and I'll deal with it. It's new to me, but I know it's nothing to be completely worried about. It's not like I'll be on a jury that's overseeing a murder case. More likely a traffic violations case.

I should get some sleep. I'll wake up i about 6 hours.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment