Wednesday, January 4, 2012

interest(ed)

This doesn't happen often, or maybe I don't have my eyes and ears open as often. A few weeks ago, during Christmas, when I visited my friend and had that panic-sweat-outburst... I seem to have made an impression on one of the ladies in the crowd. I received a message from her a few days later and we've been texting each other ever since.

Now, there's a few complications that stand in the way, but besides that... I'm starting to recall those feelings of when you have a "crush". The feelings you get when... you start to question your every move, response, reaction towards the other person. You think about, did i message too early, did I say too much, am I being to dull?

Then, with social media (Facebook, twitter, etc), you get a glimpse of the person's thoughts. So, then you start to assume things like... "ohhh she's definitely not over that person, but she's trying to get to know me... but what can really happen between us?

I'm getting all these thoughts and all these feelings. I'm getting all these quick reactions and judgements. I'm starting to question myself on certain things, then... i sit and think about it. Oh yah, there's those other  complicated factors that's not even into play, yet I'm here on the other end wondering if our banter will escalate into an actual voice-phone conversation and eventually person to person hangout.

I don't know... Now I remember why I stressed so much in college, but also felt alive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment