Saturday, July 17, 2010

About My Blog

I'm not a stranger to blogging, yet I have an unbelievably hard time staying committed. I allow myself to get frustrated and veer off course. I tend to drift away and start new profiles/blogs elsewhere. If I could keep track and remember all the blog communities I've joined, there would be a long list. I've created profiles that were meant to blog about relationships, self-improvement, struggling as a designer, struggling as an artist, and I might have even done a finance blog.

I've done a great deal of browsing around, reading, replying, and most importantly... just learning. If I were to compare myself to others in the SA community, I seem to have approached SA from a different angle. I know I'm not alone, however it seems many involved in the community started there journey through web forums, posting, replying on threads, and blogging.

In my case, it never dawned on me to join a forum or to even blog about my struggles. In my journey, I googled "shyness" and ran across videos. I started to search and dig around and found very inspiring vlogs on youtube. I subscribed to many SA Vloggers and followed them on their journey while I started my own. I read up on SAD and kept a notebook of my own. I got myself a copy of "Overcoming Social Anxiety:Step by Step - by Dr. Thomas A. Richards" and I'm currently following the audio sessions. Information is power. As I learned more and started to apply what I've learned, I felt confident enough to start my own Vlogs. That's where I've been ever since my journey to recovery started. It wasn't until last week that I stumbled upon this great community along with the great resources available.

I'm not sure where I'll take my blog entries. I don't want the entries to only fixate on SA, but rather express my thoughts and life experiences (whether it deals with SA or not). I really hope I don't get discouraged just because I might go off tangent or find myself not sticking to the script. That's the only thing that I can see stunting my momentum.

With all that being said and no pressure on myself, here is where my blog begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment